Open Position: Product Owner
The Company is seeking a Product Owner who is passionate about building innovative products for internationalizing higher education institutions. This position is fast-paced and highly collaborative, engaging with internal, cross-functional teams to take strategic product vision and break them into workable Development Stories. Product Owners are expected to work across internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are designing, building, and releasing products that deliver value and create excitement.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
- Own the development execution process for bringing innovation into the product
- Develop and document business requirements and user stories through internal and external client discussions, SME interviews and ongoing communications
- Define technical requirements for ensuring product delivers an expandable architecture and scales to high volume
- Create use cases, UI prototypes, development tickets, and acceptance criteria - how you communicate and deliver with developers
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact for the product roadmap
- Lead lean UX practices such as group design sessions and feedback sessions with other members of the company
- Collaborate with Product Managers & Senior Management to deliver on product vision
- Manage release plans and communicate status updates to stakeholders regularly
- Document, via annotations, user stories, sequence diagram or other artifact clarifications, how any given functionality will work
- Perform as Scrum Master, facilitate grooming, sprint planning, sprint demo/review, sprint retrospective, daily stand-up
- Help create functional documentation and client implementation plans
- Partner with Dev-Ops team to automate and manage the release delivery
- Conduct market research and business intelligence analysis around new product lines and profitable opportunities
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes
- Support the Director of Product Development in the daily activities and operation of product lines, projects and customer interactions
- Preference to candidates who have experience with higher education software solutions
- Preference to candidates who have a technical background and can partner with developers to ensure a solid and quality product delivery
- Preference to candidates with SQL knowledge and experience working with APIs
- Prior experience working on Agile/Scrum projects
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com.