Open Position: OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST
The Company is seeking a Operations Research Analyst who is responsible for working with departments to determine, develop and deploy Business Intelligence (BI) information and analytic solutions to support business strategies, capabilities and processes. The Operations Research Analyst is accountable for leading/performing a full spectrum of business analysis KPI related functions for projects/programs of all complexity levels, including those with Executive Management visibility.
Your colleagues describe you as engaging, thoughtful and detail oriented. Given your background and experience, you have a deep understanding of the need for systems integrations and data analytics, specifically the nuances of cross-functional data. You enjoy working with data and the challenge to develop meaningful insights for executives that apply to their daily decisions. You enjoy teaching and understand that companies seek innovation and more effective ways of excelling in their jobs. You take an active interest in the education of the staff and the software market. You have demonstrated success leading/coaching teams to identify needs and deliver quality results. You are equally comfortable working directly with senior executives and collaborating with all departments to identify opportunities for process efficiencies and to report progress against key business metrics.
The Operations Research Analyst will gather and analyze operations data for the organization, supporting management and leadership in making informed and objective business and policy decisions.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
- Collaborates with operations and business leaders to understand management objectives and to identify relevant data and metrics.
- Sets parameters and requirements for data to be gathered; validates collected data through statistical testing and independent judgment.
- Selects computational or data manipulation methods to be used in research and analysis.
- Develops and executes the business operations and analysis strategy and leading analysis of complex business initiatives from idea to implementation.
- Communicates business intelligence requirements to diverse stakeholder groups to create a shared understanding of the business needs; go-to-person for a business analysis on business intelligence initiatives.
- Applies validation and testing models to data.
- Drafts and implements time and cost formulas to plan, control, and review large projects.
- Develops mathematical models, forecasts and/or creates simulation models of problems, applying expected constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, numerical parameters, and conflicting objectives.
- Based on data analysis, assists with and/or creates, develops, and implements business methods and procedures.
- Prepares and distributes or delivers reports that identify, explain, and evaluate problems and available solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of business operations, executive facing experience.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to create and conduct simulation models, data reduction, and trend analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Deep experience with Looker, Tableau or similar data modeling tools.
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, Sage Intacct, Zendesk or similar systems and other core customer relationship management (CRM) systems is preferred.
- Proven management experience or other relevant experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity and reliability.
- Critical thinker and active listener.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
Demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence at all levels of the institution.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.