Open Position: CONTRACTS MANAGER
Terra Dotta is seeking an experienced Contract Manager who will be responsible for managing the operations of the contracts process, assessing and negotiating a wide variety of Terra Dotta contracts. This person will be an essential member of the finance team in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing technology company.
The Contract Manager reports to the Vice President of Finance and will work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Professional Services and Finance. A successful candidate will be adaptable, comfortable working under deadlines, and willing to work collaboratively with the team to meet monthly and quarter-end goals.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
- Be the first point of contact in legal for the Sales organization and all contracts
- Ensures bids/proposals and contracts are in line with the company's overall business practices, pricing strategies, business goals, and margin objectives.
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of licensing, software as a service, data privacy, confidentiality, and professional services agreements
- Maintain an RFP template that reflects the company’s overall business practices and review any submitted RFPs for required components as it relates to pricing and contract terms
- Manage contract record-keeping in our finance and contracts management systems
- Answers all client questions with regard to contract details
- Works with clients on renewal of contracts working with Account Management (SVP Sales)
- Provides necessary reports and project status information to internal sales, support, etc with regard to client history.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal and approval processes
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in contract management, preferably in SaaS
- Experience negotiating software licenses and services agreements, including cloud-based agreements
- Previous paralegal and software contracts preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct Finance Systems, contract management tools, and Salesforce a plus
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Skills to build strong working relationships and collaborate closely with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Customer-focused mindset
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adaptability, flexibility and creative approach to problem-solving while working with Sales, Finance and other teams
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com.