Open Position: ASSOCIATE Support SPECIALIST
The Associate Support Specialist role is a developmental role within the company. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in learning and gaining professional experience. Terra Dotta is looking for a hard-working individual who wants to learn the ins and outs of customer service in the higher education and technology industry. The candidate must be an extremely organized person with the ability to handle multiple priorities. This position reports to the Client Services Manager and supports the Client Services team with an array of different tasks. The Associate Support Specialist works closely with all members of the customer services team, taking on assignments and projects as needed from team members. Tasks include responding to software questions, troubleshooting issues, and performing work/projects directly on client sites.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
Support clients with their ongoing use of Terra Dotta Software through answering “how to”
questions, training, consulting, and working within clients’ Terra Dotta sites
- Manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
Maintain client database, keeping detailed records of client interactions and
recording details of inquiries, comments, and updates to client accounts
Communicate in a professional manner with client institutions through web portal, email, or
- Accurately record and report hours spent performing tasks for each client for billing purposes
- Build collaborative relationships with clients and other members of the services team
Learn how to administer each of Terra Dotta’s software products for Study Abroad Offices and
Agreements Management, Travel Risk Management, and International Student and Scholar
- Collaborate with the development team to plan, test, and support new versions of the software
- Work to find creative, sustainable solutions for clients who are requesting assistance that might not have an obvious answer
Research technical materials, confer with coworkers, and replicate problems in a test
environment to investigate and resolve issues
- Deliver excellent customer service and work to ensure client satisfaction with Terra Dotta software and customer support
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management
- Occasional work may be required outside of operational hours including weekends.
- Occasional travel to client sites may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- +1 year experience working with customer support
- Comfortable using computers and G-Suite
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong telephone and email etiquette
- Fast learner who enjoys new challenges with a flexible approach to changing work priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Attentiveness and active listening skills
- maintains a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- is a team player and motivated by helping others
- has a demonstrated predisposition to take ownership and follow through on tasks
- is flexible juggling multiple projects and does what is necessary to meet deadlines
- is adept at learning software platforms
TO APPLY: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.