Study Abroad - Building Programs & Applications for Beginners
This workshop, while for beginners, will assume attendees are already familiar with some of the main Terra Dotta building blocks: locations, terms, program parameters, applicant parameters, question items and the application statuses/phases. Attendees should understand the basic functionality of these items and how to build/edit them. Attendees who are not yet familiar with these topics can click the links above to read Knowledgebase articles and view videos. Terra Dotta will also host a pre-workshop webinar for registered attendees to explain and demonstrate these topics. Webinar information will be sent to registered workshop attendees closer to the conference event. No other prior knowledge is required.
This workshop will be a mixture of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice. During the lecture/demo sections, material will be covered in an intensive-format learning environment, so attendees should bring energy and enthusiasm for a fast-paced and fun workshop. During the hands-on sections, Terra Dotta staff will be actively involved with participants to answer questions and assist in a group setting as participants practice with a particular software feature or skill.
During the workshop, participants will receive a comprehensive list of relevant Knowledgebase articles to take away for future use and will be given suggestions for conference sessions that will enhance what they are learning about a particular topic.
and be ready to actively work on their own site – via their sandbox site. This is a hands-on workshop!
- Gain a better understanding of how to build, edit and configure various elements of the most critical pieces of TDS
- Become more accustomed to common Terra Dotta vocabulary
- Network with other users who are also new to the software
- Practice what you are learning in active working sessions, coached by Terra Dotta staff
- Gain knowledge that will provide context for the rest of the conference
- Building blocks and site configuration
- Program catalogs maintenance and management
- Application building (application cycles, questionnaires, materials, learning content, assessments)
- Review of applicant experience (statuses, phases)
8:00am - 12:00pm
You can register for a Pre-Conference Workshop by itself or in addition to the main TDU Global Conference. With either choice, you will need to complete a TDU Global registration form and indicate your preferred Pre-Conference Workshop. If you are already registered for the main TDU Global Conference, complete the following items to add a workshop:
- If you’d like to pay by credit card, log into the registration page and make the payment by selecting the "Pay by Credit Card: Pre-Conference Workshop Only" payment option under "Credit Card Payments". Then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which workshop you wish to attend.
- If you need to pay by check, please email us at email@example.com, let us know which workshop you wish to attend, and an invoice will be sent.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.