Open Position: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in the development, enhancement and maintenance of Terra Dotta software, a web application. This is a fast-paced and highly collaborative, engaging with internal, cross-functional teams to deliver the strategic product vision. We are looking for an experienced ColdFusion developer, familiar in the latest coding best practices and frameworks, with an eagerness to learn and strong analytical skills.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
- Participate in design projects by making recommendations for technical feasibility, architecture, capabilities, approach, design, and scalability
- Create well-documented and secure application/database code on new projects
- Efficiently process large transactions via stored procedures, triggers, xml, json and associated technologies
- Work on a growth-oriented production product on a collaborative team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience, plus at least 5 years’ professional experience in ColdFusion development
- Minimum of 3 years experience building out production software
- Evidence of successful project delivery in CF2018
- OOP and MVC experience, preferably in ColdBox/WireBox
- Big data processing via NoSQL data stores and microservices such as ElasticSearch
- REST and webservices background
- Secure coding practices (OWASP)
- Experience with Docker or public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, etc)
Advanced SQL skills
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com.