Open Position: Sales Development Representative
Terra Dotta is an integrated technology platform that helps education leaders enhance every aspect of the international student/faculty/staff experience. Terra Dotta’s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading Study Abroad solution in addition to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), Travel Risk Management, Agreements Management and Alert Traveler. We foster internationalization of the campus through both incoming and outgoing students and increase traveler’s safety, reducing campus liability.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in learning the sales industry and/or passion for higher education. This tenacious, self-driven achiever will assist in building new sales with aspirations to go into Sales or Marketing. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for developing and nurturing the market pipeline by actively researching accounts, identifying who the key decision makers are and creating account-specific content in order to engage prospects and clients via telephone and email.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
The SDR will play an integral role in the success of the Sales team. Specifically he/she will be responsible for:
- Contacting current clients and/or prospects introducing them to Terra Dotta products
- Learning, understanding and conveying the value of Terra Dotta Software (TDS) - being able to talk intelligently about the higher education industry
- Becoming proficient in Salesforce.com – and effectively use Engage by Pardot
- Recording of all activity and effective and thorough data management to support accurate and proper forecasting/reporting
- Effectively and efficiently employing Terra Dotta resources at appropriate stages in the sales lead cycle
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, and industry trade shows
- Developing positive relationships with other Terra Dotta employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Product Management and Development, and other departments, as needed
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products
- Bachelor degree required
- 2+ years sales industry experience
- Self-starter with the innate passion to meet goals
- Resourceful in learning about higher education and international office market
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette – consistent friendly demeanor
- Organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Optimistic attitude – a ‘no answer’ or ‘no response’ is not a deterrent
- Creative thinking and implementation of ways to grab the attention of prospects
- Ability to articulate software value by creating compelling emails and talk tracks
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Familiarity with Terra Dotta software a plus
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com.