Open Position: Sales DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
The Company is seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who has a strong interest in learning the sales industry and/or a passion for higher education. This tenacious, self-driven achiever will assist in building new sales with aspirations to go into Sales or Marketing. The SDR will be responsible for developing and nurturing the market pipeline by actively researching accounts, identifying who the key decision makers are, and creating account-specific content in order to engage prospects and clients via telephone and email.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office. If not local to Chapel Hill, remote work will be considered.
- Introducing prospects and/or current clients to Terra Dotta products
- Learning, understanding and conveying the value of Terra Dotta Software (TDS) - being able to talk intelligently about the higher education industry
- Researching institutions to find the correct target individuals (decision makers and influencers) within the institutions for account based marketing
- Qualifying prospects as to their need for Terra Dotta products and services; generating leads for the direct sales team
- Becoming proficient in Salesforce.com – and effectively using Engage by Pardot.
- Recording of all activity and effective and thorough data management to support accurate and proper forecasting/reporting.
- Effectively and efficiently employing Terra Dotta resources at appropriate stages in the sales lead cycle.
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, and industry trade shows.
- Developing positive relationships with other Terra Dotta employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Product Management and Development, and other departments, as needed.
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Bachelor degree required
- 2+ years’ sales industry experience
- Self-starter with the innate passion to meet goal
- Organized and methodical
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette – consistent friendly demeanor
- Organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills
- Optimistic attitude – a ‘no answer’ or ‘no response’ is not a deterrent
- Creative thinking and implementation of ways to grab the attention of prospects
- Resourceful in learning about higher education and international office market
- Ability to articulate software value by creating compelling emails and talk tracks
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Familiarity with Terra Dotta Software a plus
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call 877-368-8277 to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.