Open Position: Product Manager, Risk Solutions
The Company is seeking a Product Manager for our Risk Solutions product who is responsible for providing sales and technical expertise to internal and external customers for Terra Dotta’s Risk products; Travel Registry and AlertTraveler®.
- AlertTraveler®: Keeps travelers safe by keeping them informed while providing risk officers with the ability to locate, communicate with and account for travelers during emergency situations. It works seamlessly with Terra Dotta’s Study Abroad and Travel Registry products.
- Travel Registry: Streamlines the process of collecting travel itineraries for faculty, staff, and independent student travelers. Powerful workflow tools allow universities to enforce travel policies. This system works with AlertTraveler® to help keep travelers safe and reduce institutional liability.
This position will support sales and marketing to establish new customer relationships and expand on existing relationships. The Product Manager will coordinate closely with the product development, support, sales, and marketing departments to ensure an effective strategic approach resulting in increased sales, streamlined implementation, customer support and effective marketing campaigns. This individual will provide market and product expertise in order to train/teach/mentor staff and sales representatives to ensure an effective demonstration of product in order to build trusted relationships with clients and increase sales while maintaining client satisfaction. The Product Manager will be a representative of the company at conferences, applicable trade shows and in-print as a market expert.
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill office. If not local to Chapel Hill, remote work will be considered.
- Drive product sales by positioning AlertTraveler® and Travel Registry products in the marketplace and generating leads in the industry.
- Support sales as product and industry expert for potential opportunities..
- Serve as in-depth specialist for the AlertTraveler® and Travel Registry product line.
- Establish a business partnership with prospects and established clients in order to analyze existing and anticipated customer needs in order to promote partnership solutions /services.
- Seek and create opportunities to expand business with current customers while identifying business needs and solutions.
- Perform market research to gather intelligence on competing products and customer purchasing behaviors.
- Work with Partnership Management to recommend potential partners to enhance the partnership program and increase the quality and resulting revenue from collaborative and complementary risk and insurance partnerships.
- Work closely with the marketing, sales and product management departments to support the establishment and execution of successful marketing and lead generation programs.
- Provide feedback to product development team for product enhancement.
- Manage internal communication about all aspects of the products including customer feedback, needs, requirements, and issues.
- Exceed customer expectation and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
Product Business Acumen:
- Provide expertise and guidance to prospects and clients by developing a deep understanding of the technical, regulatory and business challenges clients face in order to drive new business and/or influence expansion within the existing customer base.
- Evaluate the market competition and position the risk products in order to appeal to the needs of higher education consumers.
- Attend conferences and customer/prospect meetings in a sales support capacity to introduce software and network with potential and current clients.
- Analyze prospects' needs, goals, and pain points to propose solutions with appropriate products and services.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to manage and implement marketing activities through research and strategic planning of products.
- Engage with industry experts to conduct research projects and develop strong relationships with senior decision makers and influencers within the higher education industry and business.
- Support the Risk Business sales strategy within the framework of the overall strategy of the Business.
- Promote company-endorsed programs and services.
- Minimum B.A./B.S. degree required
- 3+ years experience in a travel/risk management capacity, preferably in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of the higher education market and industry and how it operates
- Product management experience preferred
- Prior experience in the insurance, travel risk or related industry in higher education, and/or B2B software or services arena is preferred
- Familiarity with Terra Dotta Software preferred
- Strong motivational skills
- Ability to interface and work with a diverse group of people and an array of different personalities
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team or as a self-starter and independent of a team or group environment
- Ability to drive strategic and tactical decisions and planning
- Strong presentation skills and an understanding of SaaS solutions
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and presence
- Excellent networking skills
Position may require approximately 50% or more travel
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call 877-368-8277 to speak with Human Resources for assistance.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com.