Open Position: ISSS Client Support SPECIALIST
Terra Dotta is looking for a qualified candidate with SEVIS experience working in an International Student & Scholar Services office to assist with and respond to software questions from clients. We are looking for a self-starter, who can establish a strong, positive rapport with staff at client institutions and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing business. The Client Support Specialist will provide training, answer questions, create documentation, resolve software problems, and work with developers to test and support new versions of Terra Dotta Software (TDS).
This is a full-time position in Terra Dotta’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
- Communicate in a professional manner with clients through web portal, email or via telephone
- Independently resolve clients' support inquiries by reviewing and clarifying issue reports, searching the knowledge base for solutions, communicating solutions to clients and escalating issues to more technical staff when necessary
- Coordinate new-client training and assistance to ensure achievement of client’s planned targets for software launch timeline
- Support clients with their ongoing use of Terra Dotta Software through answering how to questions, training, consulting, and maintaining documentation
- Make recommendations to clients about effectively using the software to manage their unique workflow requirements
- Maintain client database (Salesforce.com). Keep records of client interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and updates to client accounts
- Research technical materials confer with coworkers, and replicate issue reports in a test environment to investigate and resolve problems or to provide information required by technical staff to resolve client issues
- Work with the development team to plan, test, and release new versions of the software
- Manage multiple tasks/projects while meeting deadlines
- Proactively contribute to Terra Dotta’s knowledge base by creating and updating documentation
- Present training webinars throughout the year and lead sessions at user conferences
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management
- At least two years of experience working in an international student and scholar office, with an in-depth knowledge of SEVIS regulations and issues pertaining to F/M students and J students and scholars, H-1B familiarity and their constituent dependents
- Preference will be given to candidates with batching experience
- Successful candidate's immigration experience should be from more than one institute of higher educational or non-profit organization. Understanding of USCIS, DOL, and USDOS processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Handle incoming support requests through a case/ticket system
- Lead client implementation and ongoing service projects
- Deliver training to clients
- Help new clients learn about and configure the software to meet their needs
- Organize, plan and prioritize work activities of self and others
- Keep detailed records and prepare reports
- Confident: Should have confidence in situations where you do not know the answer but can remain calm. you identify and provide. Not shy to say, "I don't know but let me find out for you."
- Versatility: Able to adapt when "thrown" into scenarios and trust that you have the support and resources needed and are willing to seek out the resource(s) in order not to be overwhelmed.
- Family-like mentality: Know that your teammates depend on you and you depend on them. All are supportive of one another. When something affects one, it affects all.
- Promoter: Be an advocate for your client. Explore their needs.
Individualism: Take ownership of your on-boarding, training, your career.
TO APPLY: Send your resume to email@example.com.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process. For accommodations, call to speak with Human Resources for assistance.