Terra Dotta is helping education leaders enhance every aspect of the international student/faulty/staff experience. Terra Dotta’s broad reach covers our traditional, market-leading Study Abroad solution in addition to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), Travel Risk Management, Agreements Management and Alert Traveler. We foster internationalization of the campus through both incoming and outgoing students and increase traveler’s safety, reducing campus liability
The successful candidate should reside in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Iowa or Missouri. This individual should live near an international airport within the territory. Major cities in the central region consist of: Omaha, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Kansas City, St. Louis or Minneapolis.
Terra Dotta is an integrated technology platform that includes capabilities across four
aspects of an institution’s business operations:
Study Abroad: Manage and maintain Study Abroad programs, streamline the
application process, and offer a seamless experience to your students who wish to
broaden their horizon studying abroad.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS): Monitor and maintain
compliance around incoming international student enrollment and retention.
AlertTraveler: Provides real time alerts to students/faculty/staff abroad with country
intelligence and emergency communications with command center “check ins.”
Travel Risk Management: Travel registry, connected to all your campus travelers,
insuring you know where your travelers are located anytime and the ability to
communicate with them when emergencies occur or travel is impacted.
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for identifying follow-on sales opportunities within
existing clients, as well as acquiring new customers. The AE will meet or exceed sales
objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling Terra Dotta’s products and
services through a consultative selling approach that effectively aligns the Terra Dotta
solutions to customer business objectives, while demonstrating a quantifiable value
proposition for the customer.
The AE will play an integral role in the success of the Sales team. Specifically s/he will be
- Generating new sales into accounts currently not licensing Terra Dotta solutions and services.
- Meeting and exceeding established sales quotas while adhering to Terra Dotta’s sales rules of engagement.
- Making prospecting a part of the regular routine, ensuring that new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
- Managing a complex enterprise sales process with a 6 month to 12 month purchasing cycle, demonstrating a proven ability to sell to the executive level within a university system.
- Expanding the revenue opportunity within new accounts by selling incremental follow-on business for a period of 24 months after the initial contract date.
- Taking on the role of "Virtual CEO" on all RFPs. Working with the RFP team, it is the responsibility of the AE to have a complete understanding of the institutional needs. This includes understanding of the platform the institution requires, partner requirements, price sensitivity, incumbent product, potential objections or concerns, Terra Dotta’s strategic value proposition, and any other relevant information necessary for a successful sales process.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills. The AE will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate.
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the industry
- Becoming proficient in Salesforce.com – and effectively using the Salesforce automation tool to enter all sales information into this system for supporting accurate and proper forecasting/reporting.
- Maintaining account receivables in compliance with objectives.
- Keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues, and products.
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, and industry trade shows.
- Preparing written presentations, reports, and price quotations.
- Assisting in contract negotiations.
- Managing sales pipeline.
- Effectively and efficiently employing Terra Dotta resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle; matching level for level, to grow and advance the sale.
- Defining and executing territory sales plans.
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Product Support, Global Services, Finance, Product Management and Development, and other departments, as needed.
- Collaborating with colleagues and supporting the overall team effort within the sales organization, to ensure that knowledge and expertise is leveraged throughout the sales team.
Bachelors degree required
5+ years’ sales experience in commerce solutions, related industries, and/or complex solution software sales industries. Knowledge of both the higher education market and International Enrollment Management is a plus.
Successful achievement of 1M+ quotas, using a consultative selling methodology
Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
Ability to work in a team environment
Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- This position requires the AE to work out of a home office.
- Travel: Expect 50%+
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For serious applicants, we would like to ask that you please take a personality and
bookkeeper aptitude assessment to help the hiring team, along with your resume, determine
next steps in the process. This assessment will take up to 30mins and should be taken in
one sitting without distraction. Please go to the following weblink in your web
browser to begin the assessment.
To comply with Federal law, Terra Dotta participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process.