Open Position: PRODUCT OWNER
Terra Dotta is looking for a Product Owner who is passionate about building innovative products for internationalizing higher education institutions. This position is fast-paced and highly collaborative, engaging with internal, cross-functional teams to take strategic product vision and break them into workable Development Stories. Product Owners are expected to work across internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are designing, building, and releasing products that deliver value and create excitement.
- Own the development execution process for bringing innovation into the product
- Develop and document business requirements and user stories through internal and external client discussions, SME interviews and ongoing communications
- Create for use cases, UI prototypes, development tickets, and acceptance criteria - how you communicate and deliver with developers
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact for the product roadmap
- Lead lean UX practices such as group design sessions and feedback sessions with other members of the company
- Collaborate with Product Managers & Senior Management to deliver on product vision
- Manage release plans and communicate status updates to stakeholders regularly
- Document, via annotations, user stories, sequence diagram or other artifact clarifications, how any given functionality will work
Perform as Scrum Master, facilitate grooming, sprint planning, sprint demo/review, sprint retrospective, daily stand-up
Help create functional documentation and client implementation plans
- 65% - Agreements Product Ownership
- 20% - Guidance for Implementation and Support
- 10% - Sales support
- 5% - Department Support - Overflow & Innovation
- Customer first attitude. Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
Ability to focus on the why, what and when; which provide the structure to answer ‘how’
Innovative problem-solver with the ability to deliver on the details, while still connecting to the ‘big picture’
- Be a storyteller. Experience with collecting detailed functional requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to interface and work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team or as a self-starter and independent of a team or group environment.
- Preference to candidates who have higher education experience.
- Preference to candidates who can understand API concepts.
- Prior experience working on Agile/Scrum projects.
MEASURABLE OBJECTIVE METRICS:
- Timely project delivery and UAT completed by project target dates
- Increase revenue targets for projects
- Minimal emergency releases due to incomplete or untested requirements
- Innovative new product analysis
- Support client facing teams in the timely handling of customer requests and issues
SECONDARY TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Conduct market research and business intelligence analysis around new product lines and profitable opportunities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement processes
- Support the Director of Product Development in the daily activities and operation of product lines, projects and customer interactions.
TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To comply with Federal law, Terra Dotta participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.
Terra Dotta LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the application process.